20 November, 2008

volunteering days

I was involving in volunteering as "Responsible Tourism" in uni today and yesterday. It was a tourism programme in our uni which is "The Responsible Holiday Challenge" to raise awareness about sustainable tourism amongst people who travel. It was all about green holiday and reduce the negative impacts of tourism. So we have invited children from the primary school those about 9-11 years old to educate them about the program we are doing. I had kinda culture shock of the children here, they are so smart and devil.....really 人小鬼大。I used to get surprises with the intelligence of the children nowadays like my cousins and neighbourhood children, but I think they are not as 'advance' as the UK children. I was almost speechless talking with them, I dont even know how to reply their questions, it was bit shameful.

When they were given a sticker to write down their name as their name tag, a kid wrote down his name like this: "Txxxx, he's da men,oh yea!".....after that all of the volunteers assigned for 4 kids each,we have to take care of them and chit chat with them. 'my 4 boys' suddenly changed their self-introduction session to football topic.What da?all of them are different team fans, Chelsea Arsenal MU and Liverpool....then i was trying to suit myself with their topic,i told them im MU fan, so the MU fan said "yea you're my friend!"....they carried on with their football topic which i don't know what to talk with and then suddenly changed to scientific thingy again.they know H2O and some physic theories...i was surprised!If not mistaken I learn about it when I was 16.

UK children are so aggresive and active in learning,they will be upset if the teacher did not call them up to answer question...they can answer question spontaneously and fluently from what they know and how they think.they just tell their opinions confidently.When i was argueing about a student's ideas on the poster he did, he said 'wait, let me finish my sentence first" Lols.really speechless.....................
another kid was happy had my colleague,he told my colleague that "u know,im really happy to have fun with you guys today.Do you have msn or facebook?"gosh,he is only 10!!!somemore,he even expressed and talk about his feelings towards a girl to him...

Anyway it was really an eye-opening for me and the kids were fun and yet they are super naughty!!!and I hope they can bear in mind with the 'responsible tourism' we've done yesterday and today.

1 comment:

yl said...

nice hor??

update~ update~